Advice this week comes from the University of Warwick’s Professor David Morley. Professor Morley is Director of the Warwick Writing Programme, and created a Slow Poetry Trail series of podcasts.
- ·Introduction to practical workshops
- ·Shaping Poems- Natural Forms
- ·Shaping Poems- Sound and Movements
- ·Placing Poems- Natural Environment
- ·Conclusion to Slow Poetry
These podcasts, dated Wednesday, November 19 2008, are found here.
Another podcast resource from Professor Morley challenges poets to share their responses and blog along with him. This series of podcasts encourages “exploring the wonderful word-world of poetry”
- ·Poetry’s Reasons
- ·Volcano and Diamonds
- ·On Titles, Sequences and Collections
- ·Finger Counting in the Dark
- ·Playing Tennis with the Nets Down
- ·The Water Measurer
- ·The Inner Truth of Tomatoes
- ·What is Important is More Important than the Important
- ·Mirrors to Nature
- ·Sky-Candles and Whale-Roads
- ·What is the Secret of Poetry?
Find the Poetry Challenges, dating from April to July 2010 here.