Non-specific and/or Multiple Deadlines
Kaleidoscope Magazine (United Disability Services)
seeks fiction, creative nonfiction, personal essays, or poetry submissions for
1) Issue 62: “Finding Good/Strength in Adversity”
deadline August 1, 2010
2) Issue 63: “Disability & Animals That Make a Difference”
deadline March 1, 2011
Kane Miller Publishers
seeks children’s works from writers worldwide that convey cultures and communities within the U.S. (previously only accepting authors outside US)
“We are looking for non-fiction for ages 2-12 on those subjects which are particularly American: sports such as baseball, historical events, American biographies, American folk tales, etc. We are also committed to expanding our early and middle-grade fiction list.”
seeks works endeavoring “to expand and enhance the mainstream perception of Asian American creative writing”
accepting short, experimental or interpretive, flash & micro fiction; narrative, prose, lyrical, free verse, eastern or western poetic forms, and spoken word poetry; memoirs, reportage, letters, essays in nonfiction; queries for book reviews; and art work for website or cover design
details @ http://www.kartikareview.com/submit.html
Kasma Science Fiction Magazine
seeks science fiction, but we are not completely limited to one specific genre
email subs only
accepting query fictions by email for imprints:
- Zebra, the company’s flagship imprint, is primarily made up of a large number of historical romance titles, but the list also generally includes one or two lead contemporary romances, westerns, horror and humor.
- Brava publishes 3 erotic romances in trade paperback each month.
- Pinnacle, is the imprint that features best-selling commercial fiction, including thrillers and true crime.
- Citadel, Kensington’s non-fiction imprint publishes acclaimed works of history, biography, military history, self-help, and humor. Citadel is also home to our full line of Poker titles, Lyle Stuart Books.
- Aphrodisia, launched in January 2006, is our extremely popular line of erotica.
- Dafina brings you the very best in African American fiction, non-fiction, and young adult titles.
details for all @ http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=14298
Kite Hill Publishing
accepting GLBT (but not exclusively) short story, story & novellas fiction submissions
“…representation by an agent is not required”
accepting humorous short stories & essays
open submissions: rolling