Last Saturday we in the USA celebrated Independence Day, and my granddaughter celebrated her own independence as she turned two.
Her parents decided on a Rock Star theme, and they did it up right, complete with balloon guitars for kids to “play”!
I thought I’d share a two year-olds outlook, perhaps some wisdom for the ageless:
- Even when no one else is on the floor, take the lead. Others will follow!
- Be the first one to offer your birthday cupcake to others. Even if you share spittle from blowing out the candle!
- Stop to plop down and read aloud a good book in the middle of a jam session.
- If the crowds get to you, go for a walk outside, but don’t tell anyone: pretend it’s another game of hide and seek.
- Not a napkin kinda kid? No worries. Head to the baby pool and quash your thirst plus clean cake crumbs off your face!
- Lastly, if your baby brother grabs your gifts, tossing wrapping, ribbon and such all around, kiss the top of his head and pose for the camera!
Truth be told, scenarios are a combination of all the kids attending, not just my granddaughter.
Have a youthful week! 🙂